The Singer-Zahariev Foundation has a strong belief in the value of making real-life contacts across borders and between diverse communities. Beginning of 2022 the Foundation was launching a program of grants to promote its aims, which include support for Bulgarian contemporary art institutions, artists and curators across the spectrum of the visual arts.
The Foundation launched “SZ CONTACT” – a program of grants to promote the aims of the Foundation which include support for Bulgarian contemporary art institutions, artists curators and producers across the spectrum of the visual arts.
The main idea of the grant program is to provide simple and non-bureaucratic funding for projects and activities which support international collaboration and connect artists and international art professionals.
During 2022 the SZ Foundation supported a total of 9 projects including:
- The residencies of Ukrainian artist Daria Pugacheva in Plovdiv and French visual artist Yannick Martin in Sofia;
- The new catalogue of Bulgarian artist Krasimir Terziev’s works “(Self-)Tracking Shot”;
- Contemporary art festivals: “Turn Back Time” in Varna, Sofia Art Week 2022 and Sofia Art Projects II;
- The immersive dance performance “The Last Sunset” in Gabrovo, and
- Three exhibitions within the annual program of the Institute of Contemporary Art, Sofia – Superpositions 2 / Entanglement, 2022.
Huge thanks to all our partners and participants in the common projects!!
The applications for the 2022 S-Z Contact Program are now closed. Watch this space for the new 2023 Program!